Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Time is Here!

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

Doesn't that verse send shivers down your spine?? Just think, our Lord was born more than 2,000 years ago! Wow!

I finally set up my Christmas tree in my room. I usually have a really small tree ad it looks so crammed with ornaments, you really don't want to see it. But this year, I found a bigger tree under our stairs, and I think it looks so elegant! Much better than last year. =]

Last year in December, I was at my brother-in-law's house playing some games when I saw on their table, they had a really cute nativity. I started looking at it, and decided that we could make it out of sculpey. Well,  it's been a year and I finally finished it. He helped me with Joseph, the sheep and the manger, but I did all the rest. I worked on it during my summer and Thanksgiving break, of this year.





 Joyfully in Him,
   Diana <3

3 comments:

  1. Your nativity scene is amazing!! Did you sculp it by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did sculpt it by hand. It took awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Now that is the way to go. =] Just today, after surviving a household of six children, a couple of the members to our ancient Nativity set, most regrettably, lost their heads! I carelessly placed somewhere up high, and they were accidentally knocked down. =( Anyhoo, yes, clay-type-stuff is the way to go! ;)

    ReplyDelete