Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My First Ski Trip!

Last week, I got to go skiing for the very first time in my entire life!! I was a little scared at first (going down a steep hill standing up).  But my friends reassured me that it was very easy.
After an hour and a half of driving (or laughing and talking), we all tumbled out of the big green van.  Wilmont Mountain. wow!
Looking at the big hills made my knees cave in.
Mom was registering Jonathan and I and I was beginning to doubt whether I should have come or not.  But there was no time for negative thoughts, as I soon found myself walking to the ski rental building.  I told the man behind the counter my shoe size and a pair of yellow and black skis were soon in my hand.

I walked outside to meet one of my friends.  He told me how to put my skis on and how to push myself with the ski sticks.  I went up and down the bunny hill, thinking to myself how boring this is and I should have done this years ago, it was so easy.
Then the ski lesson started. I got to go down one of the bigger hills, and I didn't really get the slowing down part yet, so I couldn't stop.  I didn't know what to do.  And then, as if it was a miracle, I fell. I thought to myself, "Thank you God! "  So the ski instructor helped me work on stopping and slowing down.  As the day went on, I got less scared and I went on the bigger hills.
I am so thankful for my friends who stayed with me and helped me up when I fell.  They told me little tricks and helpful advice.  Everyone was so helpful.
Going on the ski lift at night was one of the best things I had ever done. Especially if you have a friend to go up with you!
I had the time of my life! All those negative thoughts were washed way and new thoughts of joy filled my head!! Feeling the wind blow against my face as I raced down the hill was an experience I can't describe. 
Soon the day was closing to an end. I stood at the end of a mountain with one of my friends watching people ski down one last time and break so fast that snow would fly everywhere.
Riding home, we all talked and laughed, and tried to take a picture (but the car was to bumpy), played iphone games, made imprints on the car windows, sang along to music in the background, and just had fun.  It did not seem like and hour and a half.
This trip was the best ski trip I have ever done. I will never forget it!  




Joyfully in Him,
   Diana<3

No comments:

Post a Comment