Monday, August 26, 2013

A Happy Thought to Think About

This is my very first time canning, and I really enjoyed it!!  Mom, Kelle, and I canned dill pickles with some dill weed, yellow and orange bell peppers, fresh cloves of garlic, little white onions from our garden, and last of all, small cucumbers that Mom and Kelle bought at a french market.
We boiled poured a vinegar, water, and salt mixture into the prepared mason jars filled almost to the brim with delicious looking vegetables!
I got to use all of the fun gadgets! Like for instance, the lid wand. (It is a long stick with a magnet on the bottom so you don't burn yourself trying to get the lids from the boiling water!) 
I love how everything has to be done in order.  If you do one step out of order, the whole process gets messed up!  Now every time I eat one of these pickles, I will think about this ::oh so happy:: memory!! =] <3 =]
Joyfully in Him,
   Diana<3

No comments:

Post a Comment