Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Victorian Low Tea

A Victorian Low Tea.  Also known as a really fancy tea party with food that Queen Victoria would eat sitting down. The reason I call it low tea is because you are sitting close to the ground or at a table or in someone's sitting room. On the other hand, there is something called a high tea that originated when farmer's would come and eat supper on really high tables and chairs. 
I thought that it was very interesting!  But we girls had the pleasure of putting on a low tea for some dear friends of ours; and we got to do it Victorian style! It always reminds me of the movie The Young Victoria. 


 The Menu. We had Earl Grey tea and lavender lemonade to drink. Then we had egg salad, chicken salad, and cucumber cress and chive butter sandwiches. And, for dessert, there was buttermilk scones with lemon curd and clotted cream, meringues,  and last of all Queen Victoria's favorite dessert-- Cherries Jubilee Sponge Cake.




 Mom even got out her china tea cups and dishes!


 After a lovely evening, I was happily surprised to see that my pink lilies finally bloomed!!


Joyfully in Him,
   Diana<3

1 comment:

  1. Everything was so beautiful ladies, and tasty too! Thank you! I'm sorry it had to end.

    Before I sign off, I have to say that I was a little nervous about the cinnamon raisin egg salad sandwiches, but much to my surprise, they were very yummy.

    And Diana, your flowers are soooooo pretty!
    Mrs. Peterson

    ReplyDelete