Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rosemary-Lemon-Oatmeal Soap

This is my very first time making soap!! Just think about it, I am making soap!! The kind that is a bar!!! I can't believe it!! Mom, Kelle and I made soap on Tuesday. Mom was the stirrer, Kelle put the ingredients in, ( I helped a little with that!!), and I was the photographer!
Here are our supplies
 Mom has been making soap for years, but this time we tried a different recipe from the Homestead Blessing Soap Making Video.
As soon as we put the lye in, the bowl started to get hot, and I saw steam coming out of the bowl!
 At this point, we were almost done, as you can see, it started to thicken and oh, did our kitchen smell good! 
We put fresh rosemary, lemon extract and oatmeal. Mmmmm!! 
 Then we made it well insulated. Meaning we put a Tupperware cover and a quilt over our soap.
 The next day our soap was hard enough to cut!!  
 Mom did the cutting, I just took the pictures!!
 And now this morning, mom took them out of our box and put them in a basket to dry for 2 weeks!!!
 Only two things I don't like about soap making,
1. You have to be careful of the lye.
2.You have to wait two weeks to use your soap.
Other than that, I had a fun time making it and I'm sure I will have a fun time using it!!!


Joyfully in Him,
    Diana<3

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to make the west ladies recipe for soap making. Your soap looks great. And great blog. I love seeing what other people are making:)

    ReplyDelete