Monday, August 27, 2012

Dad's Garden


There is nothing so pleasant or sweet as picking your own vegetables from your own hard labor. Dad has been gardening for as long as I remember. It's just his thing. He has a green thumb. This year he did it different than last year. He used wood chips and black mushroom dirt.  Now, everything is so big and colorful, and fresh!!!




As, I walked through the tall tomato plant, I thought about how this year has been. I thought about the fist day of no school, my {DSP} project, the 300 recipes (I was supposed to bake =] ) I am so thankful for this summer. All the memories I have, I will never lose them. I realize that the little things in life are most valuable to me than any big thing. Being with my family, and laughing with them and doing fun things like making a simple ribbon into a flower are thing that I will treasure forever. The Lord has blessed me with a funny beautiful family, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. From taking a vacation with my whole family to just going to Joanns with my sister, are thing I am truly thankful for. That's what I think about every time I see Dad's garden. I reminds me that I should take everything I learned this summer, and use it for the glory of God. Thank you Lord!! =]





Joyfully in Him,

Diana<3

2 comments:

  1. Awe, I feel the same way about my family. =) My Dad has gardened ever since I can remember, too! lol And he used wood chips this year, as well. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I tagged you, http://simpledelights-phia.blogspot.com/2012/08/tag-ged.html, if you want to participate. =) No pressure!

    ReplyDelete