Tuesday, May 22, 2012

{DSP} Project #2: Decoupage Notebook

 The second project!!! Yay!! I made a journal out of a composition notebook! All you need to start is a composition notebook, Mog Podge, 4 sheets of scrapbook paper.
 And then, of course, your decorations. You can use whatever you want on the front and back.
Paint the front of your book with mog podge and place your scrapbook paper on top and smooth out all the air bubbles. Cut your paper so that there is about an inch of the side. Make a crease where the edge of your book is and put glue on the inside of the book where the paper is sticking out.
Fold the paper over the edge and fold the corner. Then, cut a piece of the paper so that it covers the white spot. :)
Cut a piece of your scrapbook paper to fill in all the white and glue in place. Then repeat for the back of the book.
Now it is time to decorate. Be creative! Have fun!!
After you decorate your book, now it's time to put mog podge on every page. It's okay to cover everything in it, it will dry clear. When I made my first I was so scared that it would ruin my book but my friend said that it would be alright. After you paint the front, inside front, back, and inside back, and you let it dry, you are finished!!!! Yay!!

3 comments:

  1. Diana, I love your blog posts. And I love the cute journals you make. Very creative. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so inspiring, Diana! Thanks awfully for educating us. =)

    ReplyDelete